As membership increased over the years, and with the necessity of additional facilities, additions and alterations included a line of bedrooms being added in 1863, new chambers in 1898 and in 1904 a ladies annexe was constructed. In 1890 His Highness the Maharaja of Vizianagaram presented a squash racquet court. The Club was incorporated in 1889 as a Company under the Indian Companies Act.
Stepping into the Club today, one is transported back into time and is enveloped in panelled walls, parquet flooring, highly polished rosewood furniture and gleaming brass fitting. Circling the walls of the Mixed Bar are lists of past masters of the Ootacamund Hunt from 1845 onwards, as also lists of winners of the Ladies Point to Point races and of the Peter Pan Cup - presented to the Ootacamund Hunt by the planters of South India.
The large Ballroom is adorned with well preserved hunting trophies - obviously donated by members and include tiger, leopard, bear skins, sambur and deer heads. To the right of the Mixed Bar is a second bar dedicated to the memory of Col. Jago who, as a Captain in the Army, introduced jackal hunting in Ooty in 1872.
Behind the Mixed Bar is the Gentleman's Bar, the only public room in which the strict dress code is relaxed - gentlemen being permitted in shirt-sleeves after 8.00 pm. Dress code is strictly observed, in all other public rooms. The other imposing rooms are the Library and Dining room.
The Club has 15 well furnished residential chambers, all of which have been recently renovated, retaining the old world charm with modern amenities. Sitting on the lawns adjoining the rooms and shipping high-grown Nilgiri tea is a therapeutic experience few other places can offer. The Club has reciprocal arrangement with the Bengal Club, Madras Club, Royal Bombay Yacht Club, The Royal Overseas League, London and The Royal Ipoh Club, Malaysia. The management committee comprises of 13 members including the President and Vice-President and, under its guidance, a Secretary administers the running of the Club.